Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownies with Raspberry Whipped Cream

Yum. That's all I have to say after sampling these...and then sampling them again. :) In keeping with my Pink & Red Valentine desserts - I came up with this fun treat! We'll be enjoying it tonight for Valentine's Day, but it would definitely be fabulous any time of year and you can change the brownie shapes.


You can use any brownie recipe you want, but I think it works best with one that isn't too gooey. I think dark chocolate chunks are more exciting than chocolate chips - use whatever dark chocolate makes you happy. I used a couple bars from Trader Joe's (that means one is left in the cupboard - oh yeah!).

I'll share the recipe in the next day or two for the raspberry sauce - so so good! And I'll add that link to this post when it's up. {Now added!} But you could also use purchased raspberry sauce or heat and thin some raspberry jelly to use instead.

Cut out the brownies in your favorite shapes - hearts for today of course!

After drizzling raspberry sauce on the plate and on top of the bigger brownie heart, I stacked the smaller heart on top.

Then after mixing the raspberry sauce with whipped cream, I added a thick border all around the smaller heart and drizzled some more raspberry sauce on top. ~drool~ Is it OK for me to drool over my own creation?

I'll put the specifics on what types of ingredients I used in parentheses but use whatever type you prefer or have on hand!

Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownies with Raspberry Whipped Cream

Brownies:
2/3 cup sugar (organic)
1/2 cup flour (unbleached)
4 tablespoons cocoa powder (Dutch processed)
1/2 cup + 6 tablespoons butter, melted (organic)
2 eggs (organic free range)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks (Trader Joe's dark chocolate)

Raspberry Whipped Cream:
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (organic)
4 tablespoons raspberry sauce (homemade)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking dish. Line pan with parchment paper and grease parchment paper.

Put sugar, flour, and cocoa powder in bowl and whisk to combine. Add melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chunks. Spread batter in prepared baking dish.

Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack before cutting. Lift brownies out with parchment paper and slice as desired - in squares or into shapes using cookie cutters.

Pour chilled heavy whipping cream into mixing bowl and whip until thickened. Add 4 tablespoons raspberry sauce and whip together well (don't over beat).

Drizzle raspberry sauce on plate. Place brownie cutouts (stacked or not) on top of drizzle. Frost or fill with raspberry whipped cream. See pics below for a second serving idea of smaller brownie hearts filled with cream. ENJOY!  :)

I cut out a brownie heart and then cut a smaller heart shape out of the middle before placing on the plate.

I filled and topped it with the raspberry whipped cream - this smaller version will be my son's serving tonight!

I am just delighted with how this all turned out! Are you having a special dessert for Valentine's Day?


This post linked to:
 ~ Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
 ~ Chic & Crafty Party at The Frugal Girls

Have a blessed day friends! And remember, Valentine's Day is about love - not just romance. Special Valentine's HUGS to all my single family members and friends!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I want them...now. Move over Giada!

    You should open a catering service online. I would so order these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those do look delicious, and such beautiful presentation as well! What a blessed family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big stop it or I'm telling Mom size hugs to you! LOL!

    I'm so glad no one reads my comments. LOL! They'd think I'm nuts.
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...