Saturday, August 11, 2012

Savor 7 {Saturday} ~ 8/11



Welcome back to Savor 7 {Saturday} friends ~ another way to share blessings and encourage each other! For some explanation of the 7 categories, see the original post. Thank you for joining me for the first time last week!

Let's look back at our week and "savor" {to have experience of; to taste or smell with pleasure; to delight in} together. 

7 blessings. 7 experiences, tastes, smells, delights. 7 ways to share, encourage, inspire. 1 for each day of the week. Join me? Write your own post, sharing something for each of the 7 categories and link it up right here anytime over the weekend. If you don't have a blog, share some of your blessings in the comments!

Savor 7 {Saturday}

Scripture: Referenced on my blog header is James 1:17. It goes along with the idea of stopping and smelling the chocolates - appreciating & enjoying our blessings, our gifts, which are all from above.
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
I always remember that good gifts are from above, but sometimes I forget about the second part of this verse. "No variation" means God does not change. He is the same today as He has always been, before time. That is why we can always rely on Him - He is a rock. Thank goodness, because man does indeed have constant variation!

Story Teller: I read posts from the Allume blog when I can - you should too, if you haven't! A couple of days ago, I discovered this gem: One Simple Way to Become What You've Always Dreamed by Natasha Metzler. Beautiful post - I hope you are able to go and read it! 

Social: I got to meet a friend for dinner! We met early enough for happy hour so enjoyed some good deals while we chatted about life in general. Have you had friend time this week?


Silly: Maybe we should just make this section the Chinese fortune section - LOL! Last week's fortune was from MT; this week's fortune comes to you from California:

Maybe you can explain it to me??!

Snapshot: Our son turned 13 this week - *sniff*

 
Sips:  Most mornings I use my own coffee {currently Avodah Coffee!} in the Keurig and add sweetener or flavoring and some half 'n half. I usually just have the one cup to start my day. What's your favorite way to drink your morning coffee or do you drink something else?

Sweets: Son requested Creamy Baked Cheesecake for his birthday - yum!! His friends loved it too so that made me happy! In fact, today one of his friends asked me to tell his mom how to make that cheesecake - LOL!


I hope you enjoyed my 7 things to savor! Now it's your turn! Write a Savor 7 {Saturday} post including these 7 categories and come back here to link up. Please make sure you link to the actual post rather than just your blog. Also, please include a link back to this post so people can find the link-up! You are also welcome to use the graphic at the top in your post or on your sidebar if you wish.

If you want to make sure you keep up with future series and posts, just click to Subscribe to Stop and Smell the Chocolates by Email or RSS! 

Thanks for joining me and have a blessed weekend friends!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa! Is my link-up working? Last week I thought it popped right up there, but I don't see it now. Let me know and I'll retry! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fixed it - looks like I forgot to check a box telling it to display - sorry about that! Thanks so much for linking up!! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...