Thursday, September 6, 2012

Waffle {& Bacon} Breakfast Parfaits

More National Waffle Week fun! When I posted the Low-Carb Waffles recipe yesterday, I told you I had something fun to try with the waffles and I'm happy to report that it was indeed a success! Such a yummy flavor combo!

I present to you - the Waffle {& Bacon} Breakfast Parfait!


Waffle {& Bacon} Breakfast Parfaits

Low-Carb Waffles {any waffles can be used}
Bacon, cooked and broken into pieces
Sliced strawberries
Maple syrup
Powdered Sugar

For each parfait, tear 1 waffle into pieces. In glass or bowl, place half the waffle pieces. Top with 1 slice bacon, in pieces. Top with sliced strawberries and sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Repeat layers, except for powdered sugar. Drizzle desired amount of maple syrup over top and dust with powdered sugar. {You can top with whipped cream if you like!} Eat & enjoy!


These parfaits could be served for breakfast, for dessert, or for a brunch {could be made ahead with the syrup left off until serving}! I used a water goblet, but you could use any glass, mug, or bowl. I also tried it without the repeating layer in a mini trifle bowl {or you could do it in a big trifle bowl and scoop out to serve}.


My son LOVED this!! And I have to say, the combination of the salty bacon with the waffle, strawberries, and syrup was y.u.m.m.y!

Have you ever made any breakfast parfaits? What's your favorite breakfast treat?

This post linked to:
  ~ Chic & Crafty Party at The Frugal Girls
  ~ I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom 
  ~ Made by you Monday at Skip to my Lou
 
If you enjoyed stopping and smelling the chocolates with me, I'd love it if you click to Subscribe to Stop and Smell the Chocolates by Email or RSS!

Have a blessed day friends!
 

2 comments:

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...